How can I get involved with InVenture?
2013-2014 InVentureCorps Fellowship Program
InVenture is currently accepting applications for its 2013-2014 InVentureCorps Fellowship Program!We are looking for independent, passionate, adventurous individuals who are looking for a minimum of 8-12 months of field experience to help expand our operations throughout India. Exceptional fellows will be considered for full-time positions at the completion of the fellowship.
Deadline for applications: May 31st, 2013
InVentureCorps Fellows are integral to InVenture’s external operations. Over the course of the year, fellows will help us with trainings on InSight, our mobile technology that helps individuals who are part of the informal economy with money management and connects them to products and services that will improve their livelihoods. Additionally, fellows will help with community outreach, social performance metrics tracking, auditing, business development, and expansion strategy.
Specific tasks will include:
● Facilitating InSight trainings in the field
● Maintaining relationships with InVenture field partners and entrepreneurs
● Providing assistance in sourcing new partners and end users for InSight
● Conducting data collection, interviews and analysis of current businesses using InSight
● Providing one-on-one technical assistance and strategic guidance to entrepreneurs
● Identifying best practices in the field and reporting back to our product team
● Designing and deploying InSight pilots in coordination with India Operations Team
● Maintaining a weekly post on the InVentureCorps blog
As an InVentureCorps Fellow, you will have the opportunity to travel throughout India and connect with other fellows from around the world. Fellows will begin with a one week orientation and training program with the InVenture team and receive a stipend to cover housing and travel expenses.
Position Requirements & Qualifications
● Fluency in English and a working knowledge of another Indian language (Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Kannada, or Marathi preferred)
● Ability to work independently and adapt easily to new environments
● A proven interest in financial inclusion, technology and development
● International experience (studying and/or working abroad, especially in the field)
● 2 years or equivalent of professional experience and/or an advanced degree in business, economics, engineering, international development, or related fields (recent graduates who are outstanding candidates will also be considered)
● Great leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
● Additional desired qualifications: technical skills, training experience, experience in social enterprise
● A current resume
● One paragraph articulating why you want to be a part of InVentureCorps
● Three professional or academic references (at least one professional)
● Languages Spoken
● Available Start Date (Ideally mid-August)
If you are selected for an interview, a member of the InVenture team will contact you within a week. Please note that due to the high volume of responses, only those considered will be contacted.